3222 South Washington Street Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Rugged Embedded Computing/Communication Subsystems
Parvus Corporation is a a strategic systems engineering and development partner for aerospace, defense, transportation, and industrial Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), specializing in the rapid design and manufacturing of rugged embedded computing and communication subsystems for Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)-constrained military, aerospace, and homeland defense applications. Their Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) computer peripheral equipment provide highly reliable C4 (command, control, computing and communication) capabilities for situational awareness and mobile data processing for air, ground, and shipboard operations.
Parvus manufactures custom aircraft computers and servers for the military and special mission market. The processor is Intel® Pentium® III 700MHz PC/104-Plus Processor and storage includes 2 Removable IDE/ATA 2.5″ Mass Storage Cartridges. Operating systems that can run on this are Windows® and other x86 OSes.
- Rugged land-based computer and peripheral subsystems include the DuraCOR-series (810,830) mission computers, DuraNET (1268) switches, and DuraMAR-series (1000, 3230) routers.
- Rugged flight-ready computer and peripheral subsystems include the DuraCOR-series (810,820, 830) mission computers and DuraNET (1059, 1268) switches.
- Rugged shipboard computer and peripheral subsystems include the DuraCOR-series (810) mission computers, DuraNET (1268, 2955, 3825) switches, and DuraMAR-series (1000) routers.
- Rugged unmanned computer and peripheral subsystems include the DuraCOR-series (810, 820, single-board) mission computers, DuraNET (1268) switches, and DuraMAR-series (1000) routers for air, ground, and shipboard operations.
- Other customized solutions can be obtained for all of your computer subsystem operational needs in a variety of field conditions.
As stated on their company website, Parvus’ typical customer projects require low power consumption, high reliability, and tolerance to harsh environmental requirements (MIL-STD, NEMA, RTCA/DO), including high vibration, shock, altitude, extreme temperatures, electromagnetic interference, nuclear/chemical survivability, salt, fog, humidity, water, dirt, and/or explosive decompression. To minimize expense, these systems are typically based on open architecture PC/104, PC/104-Plus and PCI-104 products compatible with popular real-time operating systems (RTOSs), including Windows CE, XP embedded, Linux, QNX, and VxWorks.
Parvus’ partners include Cisco Systems, Data Device Corporation (DDC), the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA), the Navy League of the United States, the Association of the United States Army, the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI), the Microsoft Windows Embedded Partner program, the Eurotech Group, and the PC/104 Embedded Consortium.