The Toughest Airborne System Solution
VT Miltope has set the standard for developing computers specifically designed for ultra rugged military, government, industrial and commercial aviation applications that can withstand the harshest conditions. They manufacture computers, servers and storage systems, network peripherals, and airborne system solutions.
Their Broadband Network products allow the user to create custom airborne networks through the ability to readily expand or reconfigure the system because of a common connector interface. According to their website, Miltope’s Airborne Broadband Network products may be configured to define a network that optimizes the combination of interfaces and computing resources to meet the operational, spatial, and functional requirements of the simplest to the most complex airborne networks with minimal cost. The available units include the
- Network Server Unit, or NSU (901005-1),
- Computation Resource Unit, or CRU (902165-1),
- Network Attached Storage, or NAS (902005-1),
- Network Control Panel, or NCP (902420-1),
- Ethernet Switch Unit, or ESU (902136-1),
- 802.11n Multifunction Access Port, or nMAP (902693-1) systems.